The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) has been established under the Council of Ministers Resolution No. 2 dated 1421/1/5 H corresponding to 2000/10/2 G. SAGIA is a governmental body reports to the President of the Supreme Economic Council, with its headquarter in the city of Riyadh.
The main objective of the authority is to oversee investment affairs in the kingdom, including foreign investment. This includes, without limitation to the jurisdiction, the following functions
1. Preparing state policies designed to promote and enhance local and foreign investment, and submitting them to council.
2. Proposing implementation plans and criteria to improve the investment climate in the kingdom and submitting them to the council
3. Monitoring and evaluating the performance of local and foreign investment, and drafting a periodical report in this regard whose contents to be specified in the rules
4. Conducting studies on investment opportunities in the kingdom and promoting these opportunities
5. Coordinating and cooperating with the pertinent governmental bodies to enable the Authority to accomplish its mission
6. Organizing and participating in conferences, symposia, local and international exhibitions and workshops relevant to investment.
7. Developing database and carrying out statistical surveys required for the conduct of its functions.
8. Any task officially assigned to the authority.
Providing state of the art business facilities
SAGIA is the driving force behind Saudi’s investment program. Its aim is to turn opportunity into success, promising rich returns for investors.
A creative and committed partner to investors, SAGIA embodies the new competitive spirit of Saudi. As the nation’s economic momentum builds, SAGIA provides the constant impetus of innovation and opportunity that will help position it as the location of choice for businesses and investors from around the world.
SAGIA is offering ambitious businesses an amazing opportunity. Companies that set up here will benefit from exceptional services and facilities, giving them the perfect conditions to maximize their efficiency and grow their business yet further.
Providing tailor-made business support
SAGIA is committed to supporting new and growing business in Saudi Arabia. To make it as easy as possible to invest in or set up and operate a business in KSA, it’s creating a network of dynamic Business Centers throughout the nation(Riyadh , Jeddah, Dammam , Hail , Al Madina, Jizan , Tabuk,Abha). Each center provides a highly responsive and effective resource to help companies get up and running quickly and efficiently – offering everything from advise, license requirements and after license services by providing representatives of all related government departments such as (Ministry of labor, General directorate of passports, Ministry of commerce and industry, Zakat and income taxation department and notary public).
Providing high quality people
Good quality people are essential to business growth and Saudi Arabia has a wealth of talented and skilled people at its disposal. SAGIA is the link between businesses and this ready workforce. Its Human Capital specialists work closely with businesses to understand their employee requirements and provide a tailor-made service. Employee skills, attitudes and number are perfectly aligned with each company’s specific needs ensuring the right people for the job.
SAGIA is committed to the advancement of the Saudi nation. As more and more businesses choose KSA as a strategic location for growth, SAGIA will be working hard to ensure that choice translates into sustainable success.